I hope you are doing well now that Gourmet & Golf is over. This appeal, like those in the past, is where I ask you to sign up for the 2019 Member Guest, January 31st (Opening Cocktail Party) with play on February 1st & 2nd, 2019.
Here are some tournament highlights:
- A new (and fun) playing format wherein you and your guest each play against your stated handicaps and earn points each day. You compete in your flight for the chance to advance to the horse race finals, like last year. The format will be thoroughly explained many times before show time (and mornings of the event as well)!
- The lady champions will be determined in a horse race final similar to the men. The men’s teams will compete on Pacifico 1,16,17,18. The ladies will start simultaneously on 16, then 17 and 18. Refreshment stands, for your thirst- quenching convenience, will be set up in the Oasis Area between 1 and 16, and at hole 18.
- Tom Stickney, our own Golf Top 100 Teacher, will provide a photo sequence of your golf swing, suitable for framing, just like those you see of the pros in the trade rags. This is another signature event, found nowhere in club member guests.
- Major parties will take place on Thursday and Saturday evenings. Most of the signature Lucky Draws will happen at a light lunch (and drinks) following play on Friday. By popular demand, Friday evening is “open”, and we will arrange for some discounts at restaurants inside and outside of the gate.
- While you may begin to see more of our signature Blue Jackets on Saturday evening, the dress code remains Cocktail Smart. As announced in the Punta Mita Weekly News, please respond to me if you would like to order your own, very customized jacket. The ladies version should be announced shortly.
In closing, the final sign-up date, to receive two free rounds of golf, is December 10, 2018 – so don’t delay! Also, please notify your member friends not included in the above distribution.